Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Since 1999...

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Updates?

So it's been a few weeks since we've had some current updates around here. Anyone? Bueller? I'm curious to know how the pregnancies are progressing, and how the sit-down/4-way meeting went for Erika (I always think of a mob boss saying "we gotta have a sit-down" when I think of that term - hee hee!) Was it successful? Did the ex prevail in some horrible way??

As for me, we're much the same. Swimming lessons have started again, but this time for both kids. It's Lauren's first EVER instructor-lead anything. She's sort of going through a "ignoring, no listening phase" (jeez - I just LOVE 3 yr olds for that stuff!) so I was curious to see how she'd do with a teacher. And thankfully, she's doing fantastically. Lauren has never had any fear of the water (or respect, either) and will happily put her face/whole body under the water, blow bubbles, kick, you name it. When her lesson is over she's whines about wanting to go back in the pool for more. Nicholas's lesson immediately follows Laurens - same teacher and everything - and he's making big progress as well. He can now sit-dive into the pool, come up and swim to the halfway point then flip over and kick on his back to the other side of the pool. Pretty cool. I'm passionate about my kids being water-safe. Especially since my parents bought a lake cabin. And, in most of my scary dreams involving the kids, water/drowning is usually involved. So, there you go.

What else? Oh yeah, I'm finally caving and going to see - in person - my dr. regarding the 3.5 mos. of continual (NON-STOP!) bleeding/spotting I've been experiencing ever since the m/c. It's too much. The silly nurses over the phone will only tell me that I should continue with Ibuprofin every 4-6 hrs to slow the bleeding. which doesn't seem to make a difference with me anyway. But I have no symptoms of anything worse - no fever, pain, or even cramps. Just endless spotting. For months. Without end. I'm sick of it. I'm even willing to go back on the pill - temporarily - if it will give me an ever-loving break. I'm about ready to see my uterus fall out at this point. So of course my mind starts to go to unsavory places where things are much, much worse in my "lady parts" than I want to believe. We're now almost 2 months past DH's vasectomy, so we've been having to "step it up" in terms of frequency so he can eliminate any and all live swimmers "below the cut", which totally and completely sucks when you're perpetually bleeding. I hate having sex on the rag (sorry if I'm being graphic), but we've HAD to. Every.time. Bah!! So that's what's happening with me. Oh yeah, I also learned how to knit and have started my first knitting project: a hat for Nicholas. Too much fun! (oh my, I am the worlds biggest 30+ yr old granny!)

So what's going on with YOU?

7 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Jen said...

MP- Thanks for posting an update. I check your blog when I remember to and it's always entertaining. I wish I could write like that. I feel like you are talking to me when I read your blog...I can hear your personality through your writing. I'm just not too good at that. :)

As for an update...I don't have too much to tell. I just got done helping with our school carnival last weekend and this week I'm helping with the book fair at the school. Ds has a karate Kick-a-thon on Wednesday night so he's excited about that. We have parent teacher conferences on Thursday and Friday there's no school. I was sick all week last week so I'm trying to catch up on all the stuff I let go becuase I wasn't feeling well. I still have a cough and that's driving me crazy, but otherwise I'm feeling better.

Dh and I are trying to figure out what to do for our 10th anniversary that's coming up in Feb. Right now we are leaning towards a Carribean cruise, but I'm still trying to check prices etc and I have no idea what we'll do with our children while we are gone since they have school and all that so that's giving me a little stress.

So, that's my boring life. Hope to hear from some of you more exciting people soon. ;)

Sarah- are you being good and staying on bedrest? Erika- how did things go at your meeting about the divorce? Kristi-how are you feeling?

Take care,

Jen

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there!

Really not much to say since I haven't left the house in a couple weeks! I am being pretty good being on bed rest. I still probably do more than I should, but I am not my usual active self thats for sure. I HATE being dependent on others and I feel like I have no control over anything. It is more stressful to me to not be able to do anything.
We are in the process of having upgrades done to the house. All of which will increase the value of the house, but only some of which is actually needed to make room for the baby. I just decided we may as well do it all at one time since the money was coming from the same place. Plus once the baby is here, I will have the house how I want it and just get to enjoy it and my family without my "wish list"...then I can save for my 1oth anniversary trip.
Jen, can you do your trip at a time when the kids are off school? Do you have someone to watch them?
MP, I hope you get some answers from the dr. I can't even begin to imagine what a drag that is!
Hope to hear from everyone else soon!
Sarah

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger nanjowe said...

i have been dreadfully busy as usual. Kids are back school in school thankfully but between brwnies, soccer and soon to start basketball I am always on the go. I am still very involve in the church and the Life Gardem I set a new temp website http://www.life-garden.org we are doing fine with our fundraising. we had our first dinner on saturadya and did fine. we have our next one a new years eve brunch. The garden istaking shape and I am stoked.

The kids are great growing like weeds. I am amazed that I have somehow managed to be lucky with 4 beautiful kids... I constantly remind myself of that as they constantly fight. dh new company is moving along slowly nothing major to say. I have also lost weight I am also to my pre- S weight and I feell good. I was trying to loose weight to run in a 5K next year and also to start coaching high school track... so I am glad.. I onw Have to buy a new wardrobe!

well thats what up on my end!
Happy Halloweeen to those who celebrate!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jen said...

MP- Did you get any answers at the dr? I hope it was something simple. I'm just curious.

We had a great Halloween. THe kids got TONS of candy and of course it is already almost gone even though dd said she was going to make hers last until Christmas. Oh well.

Take care!

Jen

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I anyone else having problems getting to this website? I can't get to it from the web address, but when I go to my blogger dashboard it's here and will let me post etc. I don't know what's going on.

Jen

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger nanjowe said...

i had the same problem but now it seems to be better

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't had any problems...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home