Welcome back Kristi!!
Kristi!
I'm so glad to see you back! I'm so glad you found us! Things have been a little on the slow side this summer becuase everyone is so busy, but hopefully in the Fall when school starts again things will liven right back up.
Take care!
Jen
6 Comments:
I'm checking in...
Summer did go by way too fast! I go back tomorrow and the kids start Tuesday. I just feel bad...I felt like crap most of the summer and didn't spend the kind of time w/ ds that I wanted to. Everyone tells me that he doesn't know, but I do.
My cousin got married yesterday...we spent the summer preparing, doing showers, etc... I had to add material to my dress since I outgrew it :)
Ds has started soccer. I am so excited...he is too!!!
I am now 15W4D and I have an appt. tomorrow. I hope they schedule the big u/s!
S
Well, my summer seemed sort of uneventful, but busy. We just sort of got in our groove and did our thing. I've been working out a lot more since we joined the YMCA near us, so that's good. Not that I'm seeing any major results - yet - but I'm getting compliments on my "toned" arms. So that's something, right?
DS started weekly soccer practice a few weeks ago, and Kindergarten starts on the 7th. Ridiculously short hours (8:20am - 10:40am), so we're trying to "fill in the blanks" with stuff like more swimming lessons, etc. And soccer. I don't want to overschedule the kids, but I want to have a consistent activity or routine to add structure to our days/weeks/months.
DD is being evaluated for her speech in a couple of weeks to see if she needs early intervention therapy to help clear up her muddy speaking. And she's potty trained! Even through the night! Good-bye, diapers, forever. Hooray! (except ds, age 5, still needs a pull-up at night. sigh)
What else? Not much. Planning a girls getaway weekend to Palm Springs in Oct. since I had a solo free flight voucher. that should be fun. Another fulltime sahm mom friend is going with me. Her in-laws have a house there so we have a place to stay for free. Bonus!
DH is going for the Big Snip on Friday. yay! An end to birth control (very soon - still fertile for a couple of months post-procedure). We're at the end of growing our family. 2 is enough for us.
I think that's it. Hope everyone else is well!
My kids are finishing up their second week of school and seem to be enjoying themselves. Ds is unfortunately picking up on other kids' complaints about homework though even though he can finish his really quickly. I'm sure it's only the beginning of the complaining.
I'm trying to do some decorating/painting/home improvments and wishing I knew how to sew. :) thankfully my neighbor is really nice and patient with me and willing to help me sew stuff if I need her to. I haven't begun the painting yet, but hope to once I get the valences in my kitchen/dining room finished.
Other than that I don't have a lot happening right now. The kids decided they didn't want to play soccer so we don't have that craziness either. It's actually kinda nice. Anyway...hopefully more of us will check in and the board will be a bit more active now that school is in for most everyone.
Take care,
Jen
kids start school tomorrow the 6th. finally I am sooo relieved I am absolutely burnt out. I finally updated my blog and will get to it regulalry again. I have one fundraising dinner comming up in october and a family event in 3 weeks. I am busy planning that.
So Sarah,
Do you have a date when you are finding out if this is a boy or a girl baby?? How are you feeling? I hope you are doing great! Hopefully things will pick up on here soon with kids in school.
take care,
Jen
Hi girls!
Well, I started back at school last Tuesday. I am enjoying 3rd grade...the kids really matured over the summer and they are so much more independent. I am trying really hard to get stuff done now for my maternity leave and ready for when I get back.
I am feeling good now. We find out the gender on the 15th. I really don't have a clue. I've only had one dream...boy. There have been some differences in the pregnancy, but not enough to make me think it might be a girl. My first instinct was girl, but I honestly don't know.
Yes, I am excited about the BL being back on, except that I have to wait to get motivated until after the baby is born. I have gained way too much already, just like with ds. I miss doing my BL workout and will be anxious to start it again ASAP.
We are also doing lots of home improvement things here, although not as big as Andrea. So far we have a new kitchen counter and sink and new guest bathroom counter and sink. Currently our master shower is torn up as well as the counter top and sink. When that is complete, we will be having a built entertainment/storage unit and desk area done in the family room since the "office" is about the be turned into a bedroom and we need someplace to put all the stuff. Then it will be painting the baby's room, maybe ds's room, and the kitchen. The final touch will be new flooring in a majority of the house. I think we should be done with everything between Thanksgiving and Christmas and then I can spend January putting the nursery together.
Take Care!
Sarah
Post a Comment
<< Home