Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Since 1999...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Olympic Fever

Hey all ~ is it just me or is anyone else totally psyched that the Winter Olympics are here?! I just LOVE the Olympics! Summer, winter - doesn't matter. Bring 'em on! I enjoy sports in general and played (or attempted to play) just about all sports at one time or another. Softball - check. Basketball - check. Swimming - check. Track - check. Volleyball - check. Soccer - check. Tennis - check. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, but you get the general idea. I'm not much into professional sports and tend to prefer amateur leagues. College football is fun (go Pac-10!) and I love to watch DH's soccer team play. But the Olympics? I always get choked up watching the Olympics. It doesn't matter - it could be some random Eastern European guy I've never heard of before, but if he gives it everything he's got in the medal race, hand me a tissue. Like today - I was watching the Olympics this afternoon as the kids were napping and some Alpine race was happening. Sort of like cross-country skiing, but different in that the skiiers had to make a pit stop and change gear mid-race. Anyway, this Norwegian dude, a "known" top contender in this race, totally fell right as the race started. Everyone was falling over him and it was a huge mess. Poor guy. He ended up being the last athlete out of the stadium and onto the course, and his ski was broken to boot. Somehow he managed to get a new ski and he never gave up. Never. And he busted his balls and overcame 70 other racers and took the silver medal!! OMG - the finish was awesome! The guy who got gold? Who cares! The silver medal winner stole the show. I got misty just watching it. I'm a sucker like that.

So tell me, is anyone else really into the Olympics like I am? Or am I the lone freak?

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger nanjowe said...

me me me I saw that race that was awesome. I watched the speed skating me's 1500 and watched the USA stumble that was soo sad. and the 5000 speed sakting the US guy won the goal, That was cool too he was so stressed before the race. THen I watched the snowboarding half pike. (LOL yep) the US kid the flying tomato stole the show. Yup I am hooked... I don't really like o watch figure skaing I get sooo nervous.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Generally, I used to just like the gymnastics and figure skating, but last summer I seemed to get into it all and I was so sad when it ended. I am enjoying watching the winter ones too. The last time they were on I watch most of them while breastfeeding a new born...makes the 4 years seem to have passed that much more quickly!

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home